The single most important part of selling your old devices is to make sure they’re ready to be used by the next owner. Many of today’s gadgets require users to create an account login and password just to use them. If you sell these devices without removing your account info it can often mean they’re about as useful as a brick to anyone else but you. Even worse, in some cases hackers may be able to access your personal info and use it how they see fit. For this reason, GadgetGone requires all personal information to be removed from trade-ins before we can pay you for them. Resetting your device to factory settings before selling is the best way to wipe all your personal information. This process is typically pretty straightforward but the procedure varies depending on what kind of gadget you’re selling. To help out we’ve compiled a list of links that describe how to factory reset every device type that you can sell on our website.
- How to factory reset your iPhone or iPad
- How to factory reset your Apple Watch
- How to factory reset your Galaxy
- How to factory reset your Pixel
- How to factory reset your Playstation
- How to factory reset your Xbox
- How to factory reset your Nintendo Switch